Kill the Minotaur Being Adapted By Universal

Deadline is reporting that the Skybound comic series Kill the Minotaur by Chris Pasetto and Christian Cantamess has been optioned by Universal for a feature film.

Kill the Minotaur #1 can still be had for cover price. It sold out and went to a second print. The awesome Megabox Variant can be picked up for about $20. The Ashcan can be had for as low as $5 currently.

From Deadline :

Skybound Entertainment and Universal Pictures are developing a feature based on the Christian Cantamessa and Chris Pasetto’s comic series Kill the Minotaur, a modern, fantastical tale which was released as a comic series in June and includes the artwork of Lukas Ketner and Jean-Francois Beaulieu.

The feature is part of Skybound’s first look deal with Universal. Skybound’s Robert Kirkman, David Alpert, Bryan Furst, and Sean Furst are expected as producers. Skybound is the company behind the highly successful The Walking Dead series on AMC.

Based on the ancient Greek myth of Theseus and the Minotaur, Theseus must enter King Minos’s bizarre Labyrinth and defeat the Minotaur, a creature which feeds on human sacrifices, before the monster can escape its prison to threaten the world.

18 Responses to Kill the Minotaur Being Adapted By Universal

1. Cody says:

Hell yes. I got 2 ashcans.

2. Wells Floyd says:

CAn’t find the megabox variant, though.

3. Keld Soerensen says:

Good – I have a few copies I preordered but did not managed to sell

4. Karl says:

I’ve got 3 cover A’s and 3 ashcans.

Once the news is more widespread I’ll stick them on eBay.

In the meantime will be buying up a few extra copies of both of the above at what will be very low prices.

Thanks for the heads up!

5. Karl says:

I may be completely wrong here, in fact I probably am, but didn’t this have something to do with either the millar Netflix deal or the Kirkman amazon deal?

Thought I read somewhere that it had something to do with one of those…..

6. Michael Perez says:

Wow, so yea the news broke out quick. So many sales of the cheap books being bought up starting yesterday.

7. Cyber Golem says:

Amazing news Tony!! Sadly, no more books on the cheap!!

8. Cody says:

Let one go for 15$. Would’ve been kicking myself if it goes nowhere. My initial investment was 0$

9. Karl says:

I bought the last 3 copies available on eBay UK (two this morning and one just now).

10. Cyber Golem says:

My mega box variant sold! Nice flip.

I read it was being optioned for a video game not a film.

• Cyber Golem says:

Nope a Movie, from Deadline, “Christian and Chris have ingeniously taken one of the most ancient of horror stories and spun it into a vital sci-fi thriller. We’re excited to work with them on translating this great comic into the electrifying movie it deserves to be,” said Skybound Entertainment CEO David Alpert and co-presidents of TV & film Sean and Bryan Furst in a joint statement.

12. Uncle Willie says:

Being optioned does not mean much .. the vast majority of optioned material never gets made .. sell now would be my advice .. YMMV

Yup. If you have a handful, sell a few, make quick profit now or get your money back for what you spent on them all. Hold 1 or 2 if you can for long term gamble if it ever makes it to our screens.

With The Walking Dead and Outcast being the only current Skybound titles that have made it to our screens, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the chance this one ever makes it to our screens is less than likely rather than more than likely.

13. TopherS says:

If the Malignant Man can crawl out of obscurity and move past the optioned stage anything can. In the age of the quick flip no one wants to play the long game. i think that’s a big mistake.