Blind Adam’s Hidden Gems Vol. 74

Greetings to my Comics Heating Up and Awesomesauce families. I want to say
thank you for the friendship, advice, love, and support over the past two years of this column. First off, some random thoughts:

I just started watching the Runaways on Hulu. Enjoying it. The Despicable Deadpool #293 was #awesomesauce and I am looking for a old school Legion or Flash rings from the late 1990’s. Now lets make some money with some comics cause you can’t teach that

1. Venom Lethal Protector #1 -This one is not a big surprise. But the prices are going up on raw copies which means the chance to buy cheap copies is passing. The Venom teaser trailer hit today and the movie is based on the miniseries.

2. Venom Lethal Protector #4 – Looking at the IMDB site for Venom movie shows that Scream will be in the movie. Scream first appears in this issue. $5-10

3. Amazing Spider-man #374 – Venom appearance fights Spider-man,  leads into the Lethal Protector mini series the basis for the movie. This is a common Spider-man issue with a mediocre Venom appearance $5

4. True Believers Venom vs Spider-Man #1 – With the Venom movie coming, the Amazing Spiderman #300 first print is going to be untouchable. You can grab this one for 80 cents on pre-order and sell them for $5 each down the road. Money in the bank and you can’t teach that.

5. New Mutants #99 – Whoa. New Deadpool Trailer. Deadpool appears on the back of a plane with a bunch of other people and the one is wearing white and the Shatterstar looking head piece. Grab this now.

6. New Mutants Annual #6 – Same as above. Marvel first appearances can be sneaky and this one is also listed as first Shatterstar, at times.

7. Comic Scene #31 – I have to give credit to my homie for this one. Topher S is the man. This is the first preview image of Harley Quinn and it pre-dates Batman Adventures #12. I am going to say happy hunting for all of us.

8. Comic Scene #37 – this magazine is #awesomesauce this features the final interview with Brandon lee. Brandon Lee’s The Crow is in the top five comic book movies of all time and his loss was tragic RIP Brandon $10 and up

9. Kitchen Sink Catalog 1994 – catalog of upcoming Kitchen Sink merchandise has a Brandon Lee the Crow cover, very tough in the wild
$30 and up

10. Aladdin #0 – rare 1990’s Betty Page cover and appearance. Nothing more, nothing less, Betty Page is hot that is all $20 and up

11. Superboy #147 – tells the foundation of the Legion of Superheroes. The Legion is the bomb on Supergirl this season. Classic Legion stories are a great investment, maybe the Legion gets a spinoff show $10
and up

12. Eclipso the Darkness Within #2 – Mon-el becomes Valor. There are pictures of Chris Woods in the Valor costume floating around. This book is in dollar bins just go diging for it $1-5

13. Legion of Superheroes #0 – first appearance of the second Saturn Girl. Zero Hour tie in and this verson of the Legion is in dollar boxes most of the run that is $1-5

14. DC Collectors Edition c55 – the marriage of Saturn Girl and Lighting Lad. I love these oversized comics and finding them in highgrade is a pain in the butt $10 and up

15. Legionnaires #37 – Mon-el appearance, cheap in dollar boxes $5 tops

16. Powerman And Iron Fist #54 – worth mentioning again first appearance of the Heroes for Hire together. Luke Cage Season Two is upon us, so is Jessica Jones Season Two. The
Heroes for Hire will make appearances in both series. Bronze age Power Man & Iron Fist  are cheap.

17. Teen Titans Legion Special #1 –  introduces the third Saturn Girl. I am loving Saturn Girl on Supergirl. TV  spec is not dead #testify $5

18. Batman Annual #14 – features the origin of Two Face, no real spec value, just a great book with a great villan $5-10

19. Deathstroke Annual #1 – when Karen Star (a.k.a. “window boobs” herself) Power Girl return,s people will want this issue nuff said Deathstroke is the best series out of Rebirth #testify $5 and up

20. Amazing Spiderman #83 – 1st Richard Fisk The Schemer. One day he becomes The Rose and maybe he joins hid dear old dad on Netflix $15 and up

21. Amazing Spiderman #253 – Richard Fisk becomes The Rose in this issue. I want to see Richard in Daredevil by season four, that would be #awesomesauce $5-10

I love you guys, thank you all for the last two years of my life thank you for being the greatest blessing in my life

blind adam the comicpimp outfirst

33 Responses to Blind Adam’s Hidden Gems Vol. 74

1. OC_GUY says:

Thanks Adam…great list!

Nice list Adam. Kitty Pryde getting her own movie codenamed 143.

Adam submits his lists and then it takes a couple of days to edit since he uses voice to text. It can be difficult, so look for it next list.

• Jason Zimmerman says:

“143” also a code for “I love you” on the Stern Show (long story), but Bendis and a lot of comic creators are big Howard fans.

3. Louie says:

Nice picks. After all these years, my venom lethal protector series is hot. What a time to be alive!

4. dude, you just made me buy 2 copies of powerman and Iron fist 54 off ebay…AND the hunt yet continues!!! love this column… how about you do 1 a day….

• WhatMeWorry? says:

Pick up Power Man #48 and #50 as well. 48 has that great John Byrne art.

• steven centonzo says:

issue 80(i think) starts a very good run of Denys Cowen’s art work. i think his contribution to the series is over looked. but i am partial because that;s my start on the book

5. Kevin verdine says:

Great job. You cost me more money than Anthony. Lol

6. WhatMeWorry? says:

Great list. Thanks for all your work. I always look forward to your articles.
    Love all the Venom books. I’m surprised ASM Annual #26 doesn’t get much love. I believe that has the first Venom solo story. Months before Lethal Protector.

7. AL says:

Comics Scene #2 should also be on everyone’s radar. It features the 1st ever app of Venom. Came out the same month as ASM 298 I beleive and unlike Comics Scene 31 which is simply a still of the Batman animated series cartoon, Comics Scene #2 features full splash art of Eddie Brock, Venom, a coupe panels of ASM 300 and I believe a shot of ASM 300 cover. Check it out!

8. blind adam the comicpimp wonders says:

i love you guys. thanks for reading . working on next weeks now. also she-venom eddies wife needs cost play love so does lady deadpool. don’t forget about web of spiderman #18&24 or is it #27 I always confuss those numbers . first two pre a.s.m. #300 apperances of venom. have a blessed week and keep your pimphand strong
    blind adam the comicpimp out.

• Wells Floyd says:

Thanks Adam! You’re the man!

• OC_GUY says:

Because of your write up I decided to pick up a couple extra Lethal Enforcer #4’s. If Scream does indeed have a large enough role to play in the movie that issue will tipple in price. At $5 to $10 each in high grade it is too low a risk not to pick up some extras.

9. you may have listed this in the past…Marvel Star Wars #7 Bronze age. I feel it is overlooked. if you think about it, after Star wars the movie this was the first ever new story.

• OC_GUY says:

That’s a good point. Don’t know if it will get the love it deserves but it certainly does make it important…To die hard SW at least.

10. would anyone like to weigh in on the controversy (yes, big big controversy) over Guardians of the Galaxy#13 versus Thanos 13 for first cosmic ghost rider?