Spoilers: Amazing Spider-Man #796, What Will Red Goblin Be?

Amazing Spider-man #796 is out tomorrow. It is already selling in the $20 range. People are clamoring to see Red Goblin’s first appearance. So, will this be the issue? Spoiled images are protected. The accompanying text isn’t so proceed only if you want spoilers.

For the spoiled images, click the spoiler warning

We get a scene of Security Guards being released of their duties, in a harsh way, and dialogue in red with a very Goblin-esque laugh.
Reference to the Button

Then we get to look inside of Osborne’s Study, to see…..
Reference to the Button

So no love there. But we find out that Red Goblin is going to be more than just Norman in the Carnage symbiote.
Reference to the Button

So no full first appearance, but some definite build up on the hows and whys.

23 Responses to Spoilers: Amazing Spider-Man #796, What Will Red Goblin Be?

1. JayClue says:

Harry is going to be the Red Goblin. Carnage symbiote leaves a spawn that merges/bonds with Harry. Then we have Norman back as Green and Harry will be Red. My theory.

You know what the real countdown should be? Only around 5 more issues and Dan Slott is no longer writing ASM. Glory Hallelujah Praise Jebus, Dan Slott is off to ruin Invincible Iron Man now (no one reads that garbage either, we need Tony Stark back). I also think I read he’s (Dan Slott) done with Silver Surfer as well. They could hand that off to a chimp and I’ll likely start picking up Silver Surfer again.

• m says:

BWAHAHAHA !!

• Marvel Zombie says:

The rumor is that Nick Spencer is taking over the title. I’m sure reaction will be mixed. Secret Empire was a lame idea. But his other books are pretty good. If Amazing is anything like Superior Foes of Spider-Man it’ll be a good read.
      Sloth had a good handle on Spidey. He just overstayed his welcome. Should’ve left after Secret Wars.

Marvel could hire a Chinese fortune cookie writer to replace Dan Slott and I’m sure there would be vast improvement.

3. Adam Lebednik says:

Thanks

4. David Bitterbaum says:

Gonna stay hot then, or cool off?

Hard to tell with today’s market. 795 didn’t really reveal the Red Goblin and it’s still selling at $15-$24 from the most recent auctions.

But yeah, I think 795 will be more key than 796. Seems like 797 will be the first cameo or appearance now. but who knows how long Slott dragged this out to get people to buy these..

I have a bunch coming and flipping them all the same. Strike while the iron is hot

5. Bill says:

I was hoping he’d be the cosmic ghost rider merged with the Crimson dynamo. Darn

6. Ryan H says:

Props to Dan Slott he’s made everyone forget what a terrible writer he is.

7. Comics Rule says:

Based on this synopsis http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_797, it looks like
    ASM #797 will be Red Goblin’s first appearance.

• Alana says:

If you read the preview for 798 no mention of Red Goblin just talking about Green Goblin. That’s why I think 799 and 800

• Alana says:

Now that I look at all the 797 covers looks like there’s a 1:1000 and either a 1:2000 or 1:500 and a1:10 character design with Red Goblin so we will see.

• Alana says:

All the different covers kinda makes it hard. The homage one and design variant will do well since he’s on cover people will want the young guns the Dell Otto virgin is sweet then the 1:500 and 1:1000 May not be the best flip for the reg covers.

• Poka says:

If not 797 Them 799 but it is hard to believe that all the stores which have exclusive covers for 797 would do that unless they know sonethibg

8. Lonzilla says:

Nick Spencer (UGH) is talking over sthe writer with ASM #602. I can see it now: Spidey joins Antifa!

• Marvel Zombie says:

Ha ha Don’t count on it. I know Secret Empire sucked. But Spencer has a lot of good titles under his belt. Superior Foes of Spidey, Morning Glories, The Fix etc.
      I’m willing to give a him a few issues to see if he can get Peter back on track.
      On the spec side orders could be low and if the issues are good they could flip for a few bucks.