Spoilers: Who is the Red Goblin?

There has been debate and speculation over who is the Red Goblin. We know he makes his first appearance in Amazing Spider-man #798 out Wednesday. We also know his identity will be revealed in Amazing Spider-man #799.
An upcoming John Tyler Christopher Action Figure Variant has the identity of thr Red Goblin right on the cover. The cover is redacted.

This is the image as it runs on ComicXposure’s site. (There is a color and black and white version.)

Here is the un-redacted image of the cover as it will hit the newsstand. (Click the spoiler warning to see the full image.)

Sometimes the solution is the most obvious answer.

Makes me glad I held copies of Amazing Spider-man #794 and Amazing Spider-man #795.

37 Responses to Spoilers: Who is the Red Goblin?

“Sometimes the solution is the most obvious answer.”

Yup. We call that.. Occam’s razor, it’s not only obvious but the simplest explanation or solution. I use it all the time for my daily job. 🙂

2. A says:

Why particularly 794? I saw a place near me still selling it for cover

3. David Bitterbaum says:

If it is the obvious person why did they even try to make it some kind of a mystery?

4. David Bitterbaum says:

Or could this be a trick and it actually is someone different? Or am I just paranoid?

5. Wells Floyd says:

Well that was a tad anticlimactic…

6. Al says:

What if Red Goblin is Harry Osborne? I mean Harry and Norman always had a similar look. I don’t see Norman’s name on the action figure variant. It does however say maniacal genius though… that is not Harry. Anyways, my 2 cents.

7. Brian Springman says:

We have the pages of #798 up in our Google+ group now. It’s definitely Norman Osborn.

8. Lonzilla says:

So much for those Web Of Spider-Man 125’s lol

9. melthemovieguy says:

795 as the bond..i like that

From the future preview he may die in #800.

11. Josias Ocampo says:

I suppose now’s the best time to pick up those Hulk variants for #795. Before tomorrow drops.

12. adam wonders the blind comicpimp says:

how m#794 starts the story in a small way. if that shop still has themf or cover buy them all or as many as the shop allows . the chaity variant is the variant I picked up and if I find it I am goingafter thevirgins all the virgins . but any spidy since the legacy numbering came back is worth the pick up. blind adam out

13. Bill says:

After 628 total posts on various google, facebook, and other social media hopefully this revelation will get me my peace and not have to read another hundred more red goblin posts. It has been so painful of a 2 months.