Something Dark Has Taken Root In Farmhand…

This is a book I’m looking foward to being a huge Chew fan and fan of Rob Guillory artwork.

Image Comics is pleased to reveal preview pages from Eisner Award winning co-creator of CHEW Rob Guillory’s forthcoming FARMHAND. The series is set to launch this July.

FARMHAND. follows farmer Jedidiah Jenkins whose cash crop isn’t corn or soy… it’s a little more unusual. Jed grows fast-healing, plug-and-play human organs. Lose a finger? Need a new liver? He’s got you covered. Unfortunately, strange produce isn’t the only thing Jed’s got buried. Deep in the soil of the Jenkins Family Farm, something dark has taken root, and it’s beginning to bloom.

FARMHAND. is a dark comedy about science gone sinister and agriculture gone apocalyptic. Nature is a Mother.

FARMHAND #1 (Diamond Code MAY180011) hits stores on Wednesday, July 11th. The final order cutoff for comics retailers is Monday, June 18th.

This entry was posted in Comic books and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Something Dark Has Taken Root In Farmhand…

1. Jetskij says:

This does look good.

2. Brennan says:

Already pretty ordered

3. stallguy says:

I love speculation sites, but I never understand why they start pumping a book long before the final order cutoff. This book (Farmhand) for example can be ordered until June 18th. That means this book will end up highly ordered and lining the bottom of birdcages across the nation.

As we are a speculation site, CHU is also just a general news site as well. We try to bring more to the table that just speculation of new books.

Also, I’m not pumping this book, I didn’t tell people to go buy it. I’m just spreading the love of the preview for it.

• Jonathan hoffman says:

Please, someone tell me how informing members, of a comic book speculation community, about an interesting new book is “pumping”? In order to Pump a book you have to be able to benefit from it’s sales. If you’re going to accuse of pumping don’t forget to show your proof.

• Brennan says:

Can’t get a book if your shop doesn’t order you a copy.
      Either way, anything some of us preorder at our LCS causes them to order more copies because they figure we know something.

I read about this book in previews, and now that I’ve seen a few pages I’m definitely going to give it a shot.

5. Matt Riley says:

Wow, this looks good! Thanks for the heads up.