Likes and Dislikes for the Week of August 15th, 2018

It’s that time once again to let the CHU followers in on what’s really grinding my gears this week.

I’m just going to get down to it.

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy Got Hitched

Say that again? Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy got hitched in Vegas by an Elvis impersonator?

This is about the dumbest news I’ve heard all week. I really don’t have anything else to say either.

Another Edge of Series for Spider-Man

I’m not really sure how I feel about this new Edge of Spider-Geddon series coming out this week. Oh wait, yes I do, mark this as another dislike.

The last “Edge of” series brought us Spider-Gwen who was the surprise hit for fans that quite frankly I can’t wait to see just go away.

This new series starts off with Spider-Punk, a character we saw in the last Spider-Verse story. It doesn’t get any cheesier than this guys and gals. I’m just shaking my head at this point. I’m a fan of Spider-Man for the majority of my life but I’m just tired of all the different Spider-Man characters, stories, spin-offs and so on.

Time Traveling Mutants Yet Again

I’m really about the hate this week. Here’s another one. As much as I like Ed Brisson as a writer (remember Sheltered from Image), Marvel’s new Extermination series hits stands this week and it’s another X-Men story where they travel through time.

I’m so tired of the time traveling mutants. It’s just getting old at this point. Keep on beating that dead horse Marvel. It’s dead but I’m sure it needs another swing and hit.

Beckett

Finally, something I like. A mini-series about Beckett straight out of Star Wars: A Solo Story movie.

Woody Harrelson was one of the many factors on why I enjoyed Han Solo. So in turn, I really liked his character Beckett in the movie because Woody rarely disappoints with his acting. Here’s to hoping Gerry Duggan doesn’t let us down and we get to learn more about this character, which I hope we see more of in other spin-off titles or even movies (of course, they’d have to pre-date Solo).

Sony’s Plans for Spider-Man Movies

I really hope Sony doesn’t make a stand alone Jackpot movie. For that matter, I hope most if not all of the B rated or lower rated villains and other characters don’t get their own movie from the Spider-Man universe.

What are the people in charge at Sony thinking?

About agentpoyo

I'm just a chicken, who loves hanging around ComicsHeatingUp.net and I also started LegosHeatingUp.com, a site I hope carries the same success for those that love and sell Legos.
This entry was posted in Comic books and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Likes and Dislikes for the Week of August 15th, 2018

1. I like Rick & Morty and I like Dungeons & Dragons and I like Patrick Rothfuss, who is writing a Rick & Morty D&D book. Oni has a sneak peak copy of issue 1 available on its website for $10, limit 5.

2. D-Rog says:

Lotta hate and discontent this week. You need another vacation, it seems.

• D-Rog says:

Here’s what I don’t like: No good spec books is week! Aquaman 39 is the only hot item, and it’s a sub-par (by Middleton standards) cover but everyone is gaga because there just isn’t anything better out there right now. So many better Middleton coves out there, like his batman cover (26?) or earlier batgirl.

Speaking of which, I do like his batgirl cover his week…

• D-Rog says:

Sorry for all the spelling errors…major fat fingers tonight and auto correct truncating my words.

• Kevin Verdine says:

I’m buying absolutely nothing this week. Plus school is starting so kids will be out of the house finally

Yeah, sadly I think there’s only 1 book I’d want to pick up (other reader copies I can just order online for a discount) and that’s Volition, but I doin’t think I’m going to spend the time to venture out just to nab one book.

Yes I do.

3. adam wonders the blind comicpimp says:

agent man. what is wrong thisweek? do I need to get off your a lawn? what’s so wrong with harly getting hitched to ivy by the king of rock ?? in sin city that is so #awesomesauce and woddy was great in solo woody will be a great carnage love you all blind adam out

4. Victor says:

Fried chicken.

5. Poka says:

Like: August – time for shops to do their clearance sales.

For those of you who missed out on the ASM #798 from Midtown. Sadlemon has a summer sale with lots of comics incl ASM #798 for gbp1 (around $1.3).

So still time to get more

ASM #798: https://www.sadlemoncomics.com/products/amazing-spider-man-798-leg
    Summer sale: https://www.sadlemoncomics.com/collections/huge-summer-clearance-sale

Midtown apparently added more to their stock for ASM #798. Who knows how long that will last but good to know there’s others with big sales going on.

6. D-Rog says:

Going to look for aquaman, batwoman and the infinity wars variants. But other than that, just hunting for some recently hot back issues to flip.

I didn’t even know about Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy.