It’s the week of previews apparently. Lots of new books coming out and unless you people don’t like previews, well, we’ll keep them coming for you’re viewing pleasure.
I think previews are great, it helps someone determine if they’re going to be interested or not in the book, story and art. So here’s a sneak peek preview of Gillen’s new Ludocrats, which some might not get into but I found it pretty entertaining.
Continue reading “Ludocrats #1 – Sneak Peek Preview”
It’s not always media options that make books hot and in demand. Good stories help as well and that’s exactly why we’re seeing a 5th printing apparently for the hit series DIE from Image Comics.
Continue reading “DIE Goes Back Again For A 5th Printing”
Image Comics is pleased to announce that New York Times bestselling creator Kieron Gillen (The Wicked + The Divine) and artist Stephanie Hans’ Die #2 and Die #3 will both be rushed back to print in order to keep up with growing demand for the series.
Continue reading “DIE from Image Comics Going Back for More Printings”
This use to seem more like a common thing across most if not all Image books. Seems this trend is slowing down and only really happening on the books that are actually you know, good.
Continue reading “DIE from Kieron Gillen & Stephanie Hans Goes Back for a Third Print”
One way to gauge how hot a comic is/will be is by the Advanced Reorder list from Diamond Comics. This is a list of books being most reordered by retailers before the publication date of the comic.
This week is a weird one as speculation wise there is not too much. Uber dominates the chart this week for single issues.
1. Doctor Strange The Oath TPB
2. Uber #0 Enhanced Edition – This is the second printing of the hot sold out book. Avatar books are greatly under ordered and this one sold out due to the demand and the fact Kieron Gillen is writing it. The Enhanced Edition costs $1 more at $4.99 but features 60 pages.
3. Thanos Rising #2 – Thanos is popular with his appearance in The Avengers movie and all things Guardians of the Galaxy being hot due to the upcoming GoG Movie.
4. Superior Spider-man #9
5. Age of Ultron #2 2nd printing
6. Iron Man #9
7. Amazing Spider-man #700 4th printing
8. Polarity #2 Boom Studios- 1st Issue flew under the radar and sold well now retailers are trying to stock enough of the second issue. Orders usually drop from the 1st to 2nd issue of a book as many people try the first issue and may not continue to pick it up.
9. Wake #1 DC
10. Avatar the Last Air Bender TPB Vol. 5
11. Ten Grand #1 Image- This is the big speculator book of the list. JMS returns to monthly (single issue) comics with the launch of this book. Art by fan favorite Ben Templesmith.
14. Image Firsts Peter Panzerfaust #1 – Try buying a first print of PP for under $300 any more is almost impossible. There was a second print which also commands big bucks.
15. Regular Show Phantom Variant #1 Boom Studios- This is a must buy in any cover. Just look how well Adventure Time did.
25. Ten Grand #1 Bill Sienkiewicz Variant Image- See #11