It’s new comic book day. We spec, we drek and we spend our hard earned cash on geek books, whether you read, collect or flip.
It’s that time again, where I tell you what’s really grinding my gears for the week of May 15th, 2019.
Some weeks it’s mostly likes, other weeks it’s dislikes.
So what’s grinding my gears this week?
Here’s the full Image Press release for this new chilling horror series:
The X-Files meets Jeff Vandermeer’s Annihilation with the mounting terror of a classic Stephen King novel in the forthcoming series Unearth—an all-new horror series from Cullen Bunn, Kyle Strahm, and Baldemar Rivas launching this July from Image Comics.
Cullen Bunn is no doubt a master writer of horror and suspense comics. With his hit series Harrow County, he also brought us Regression while writing heavily for Marvel currently and in the past, his latest book is Cold Spots out from Image Comics with artist Mark Torres
As you all know, AgentPoyo is the alter ego of Anthony. That’s probably why you all like me more right? I kid, I kid. You can ask Mel or Blind Adam that I’m real cause they’ve met me if any of you had any doubts.
Silk is heading to the big screen. Kirkman is still milking the cash cow. Liefeld is being Liefeld. What can we expect this week on the comic speculation market?
Continue reading “Poyo's Spec and Drek for June 27th, 2018”
For all you Harrow County fans, tonight Skelton Crew released their new Limited Edition Harrow County exclusive enamel pins for sale.
Continue reading “Harrow County Limited Edition Pins from Skelton Crew Studios”
Back in July it was reported that Cullen Bunn’s Harrow County was optioned for a TV deal. It has now moved into the development phase. Great to see an option moved along. Continue reading “Harrow County Moves Into Development at SyFy”
We had this as a pick of the week on 5/13/15 for the reasons, I love a good horror story and Cullen Bunn is no stranger to TV options. Now, Variety has announced that Harrow County has been optioned for TV as part of a first look deal.
Continue reading “Harrow County Optioned as part of Dark Horse First Look Deal”
It was bound to happen, hype built up on “The Sixth Gun’ stemming from the announcement that NBC optioned it for a TV show. When the NBC passed on it, prices dropped. (Do not get me wrong though, this is a great book.) This ends up creating what stock traders call “bag holders,” as in being left holding the bag. The thing with it is, NBC could still make the show in one of it’s subsidiaries. And Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt are still shopping it around. This has happened with several hot books such as ‘The Test’ which burned white hot and then dropped off. Oddly, this did not happen to ‘Chew’ #1 after Showtime passed on their option
There are currently a couple of copies of ‘Sixth Gun’ number 1 sitting on eBay that are real steals.
Here is the regular edition for $12.50 with a few hours left:
(Edit: 80 views and now up to $14.50)
(Edit 2: 177 views and closed at $92.78, Anyone else bid on this?)
And the Free Comic Book Day Edition for $5.50 with 2 days left:
(Edit: Now up to $7.00 I threw some bids on it)
(Edit 2: Still only at $7.50)
This book had peaked well into the $300 range.
We will have to see what happens with the options for ‘The Damned.’
Diamond Advanced Reorder List
One way to guage how hot a comic is/will be is by the Diamond Comics Advanced reorder list. This gives retailers to up their orders for books that may have caught some heat before the release and before the final order cut offs. So without further ado, this weeks advanced reorder list:
1. Mighty Thor Omnibus Hardcover Vol. 2
2. Batman Beyond 16
3.Batman lil’ Gotham #2 – First issue sold well. Does well as an download and translating well into sales for floppies.
4. Constantine #1 2nd Printing – 1st issue of Post-Hellblazer leads to a 2nd printing
5. Supior Spider-man #10 – Fallout from #9 is translating into increased orders for 10.
6. Five Ghosts Haunting of Fabian Gray #3 of 5 – Word is this has moved to an ongoing, retailers upping their orders.
8. East of West #3 – Another hit from Jonathan Hickamn, first issue is seeing increase prices on eBay
9. Bounce #1 – Heat from ‘Sex’ helping to pull interest into this book. #1’s from Image have been good speculator fodder
14. Helheim #2 2nd Printing – ‘Sixth Gun’s’ writers latest hit. Support from variants doing well on the secondary market and good story and art leading to good sales.
- Diamond Comics Advanced reorder and reorder list 4/26/13 (comicsheatingup.wordpress.com)
- Diamond Comics Advanced Reorder List 4/18/13 (comicsheatingup.wordpress.com)
- Diamond Comics Advance Reorder 4/7/13 (comicsheatingup.wordpress.com)
- Diamond Comics Advanced Reorders (comicsheatingup.wordpress.com)
There are a good crop of books coming out this week and I always put out my picks of the week the day before the books come out. So here are my speculator picks of the week for Wednesday April 24th 2013.
1. Jupiter’s Legacy #1- I know I ranted about how the regular cover will be so over printed that there is very little chance for the book to shoot up in value. But I still see the potential for a good story, great art, and variant covers that can be flipped in the first week if you get them cheap enough.
2. Helheim #2 – First issue of this Cullen Bunn book did well on the secondary market. Second books usually are printed less than the first so there is a good chance this one could do as well.
3. East of West #2- Again, first issue sales, did well on the secondary market. Book has heat.
Following up on the break out success of Cullen Bunn’s Sixth Gun, comes Cullen Bunn’s next hit The Damned Prodigal Son. I was able to find a few of these in my LCS and they are selling well. Showtime has picked this up for a series.
Look at the recently closed auctions:
Also, there are not many of them on eBay right now so demand is higher than supply: