One year ago, we spec’d on new books hitting the shelves. Now it’s time to see how those specs and picks are doing now.
Ya’ll like free books right? Well, here’s another flash CHU giveaway.
Let’s continue that trip down memory lane for 2018, the middle of last year, covering the months from May through August.
Welcome once again to the another installment of the One Week Later Report. This week we’ll cover the books released on 10/10/2018.
Continue reading “One Week Later Report for 10/10/2018 Releases”
Find out what’s really grinding my gears this week by clicking you know, clicking the Continue Reading link..
Continue reading “Things I Like and Don't Like for the Week of September 12th, 2018”
Welcome once again to the wonderful world of Poyo’s Spec and Drek picks for the week of August 22, 2018.
It’s that time again to spec and drek. We try to pick winners based on spec value potential, books to just read or simply books to tuck away in the personal collection.
As you all know, AgentPoyo is the alter ego of Anthony. That’s probably why you all like me more right? I kid, I kid. You can ask Mel or Blind Adam that I’m real cause they’ve met me if any of you had any doubts.
It’s that time again where I tell everyone who actually reads this on what is really grinding my gears this week, usually from the week prior as well. Anything and everything around the current week, I usually have something to grumble about or praise. I really do try to stay positive in my posts but that’s near impossible since we humans love dreading on the negative drama in life.
America is getting older this week and new comic book day falls on July 4th, so now you have two reasons to celebrate this Wednesday.
Welcome once again to the wonderful world of Poyo. I tell you what I like, what I think might be spec worthy and what I don’t like. You heard me. I actually tell you what to avoid. I’m sure those artists just love being thrown into that category. I wonder if I ever made it to an artists or writers hit list.. Hmmmm…
Continue reading “Poyo’s Spec and Drek for May 9th, 2018”
CBR had the story on this a couple of days ago that Sony has snagged a writer to bring back Venom for a potential franchise. Continue reading “Venom Potential Franchise for Sony”
One way to guage how hot a comic is/will be is by the Diamond Comics Advanced reorder list. This gives retailers a chance to up their orders for books that may have caught some heat before the release and before the final order cut offs. So without further ado, this weeks advanced reorder list (Dominated by DC Comics and Superman Unchained #1)
1. Superman Unchained #1 – Retailers are reordering this DC $4.99 book drawn by Jim Lee. It appears several times on the list like:
2. Superman Unchained #1 – 75th anniversary “Reborn” Variant
3. Green lantern #21 – Promo Rings are back causing an uptick in Green Lantern book orders.
4. Batman Superman #1 – Relaunch of the out-of-continuity series featuring DC’s heavy hitters
5. Walking Dead TPB Vol 18 – Sales Juggernaut for comic shops (and book stores alike, but that is not represented here)
6. East of West #1 4th Printing – Even with heavy orders on this Hickman book, people are still clamoring for it.
7. Superior Spider-man #11 – Following on the Peter is gone story we will see How Spider-ock handles life without responsibility with all that power
8. Thanos Rising #3 The story of Thanos’ disfunctional childhood continues, great story so far.
9. Earth 2 #13
10. Jupiters Legacy #1 2nd print – Even with a considerable overprint and huge print run, this hot book has gone back to a second print. We have been moving the Phantom Variants pretty easily.
11. All New X-men #14
12. Age of Ultron #9 – Orders are ramping up for the introduction of Neil Gaimen’s Angela to the Marvel U. in #10
13. Amazing Spiderman Omnibus
14. Ten Grand #2 – 1st issue sold well retailers saw better than expected sales (I would imagine due to speculation of Image books.) but it was a good first issue.
15. Ten Grand #1 2nd Print – see above.
16. Herobear and the Kid Special #1- The fantastic all ages book is back and now from Boom. The early issues of the self published series used to command good money, hopefully we will see the prices rise on them again.
17. Daredevil Dark Nights
18. Superman Unchained #1 75th anniversary Modern Age Variant – see 1 and 2.
19. Superman Unchained #1 75th anniversary Lex Luthor Variant – See 1 and 2.
20. Iron Man #11 – I have heard rumors on this run….. The Secret Origin story line started out nicely with a ton of variants on #9. Number #10 featured “Starks 7” an Oceans 11 riff. When will we find out that Tony Stark is part alien, I would imagine very soon (if the rumors are true)
21. Cable and X-Force #9
22. Dardevil End of Days HC
23. Adventure Time TPB Vol. 3
24. Kick Ass 3 #2 – Millar’s Teen “real life” super hero saga comes to an end with this series.
25. Venom Enemy Within TPB
- Diamond Comics Advanced Reorder List 5/9/13 (comicsheatingup.wordpress.com)
- Diamond Comics Advanced Reorder list 5/3/13 (comicsheatingup.wordpress.com)
- Diamond Comics Advanced reorder and reorder list 4/26/13 (comicsheatingup.wordpress.com)
- Diamond Comics Advanced Reorder List 4/18/13 (comicsheatingup.wordpress.com)
- Diamond Comics Advanced Reorder 4/11/13 (comicsheatingup.wordpress.com)
- Diamond Comics Advance Reorder 4/7/13 (comicsheatingup.wordpress.com)