Yeah, we know this is the one everyone is waiting for. The 3d cover for Jokers Daughter. Well, you might want to pick up the standard cover as well.
Each week Terry Hoknes of www.hoknescomics.com puts out a video spotlighting hot new comics and sold out books for the week.
Well week three are in the can. I have looked at some of the auctions for this weeks books and they are selling for around double cover. Not bad if you can double your money in a day. Week four is just seven short days away. Here are the week 4 3d covers I have found still available for pre-order at 20% off. These won’t last as the others have not.
Continue reading “DC Comics Villains Month 3d Covers week 4 available for pre-order”
Not really a story here. I wanted to see what everyone’s experience has been with buying the 3d DC covers. I have been getting mine from one store at cover and have gotten and subsequently sold the books. Have you seen price gouging? Don’t be afraid to name names. Have you seem sell outs. Have you been lucky and gotten them? Just curious what everyone’s experience has been.
Here is a list of DC Comics Villain Month 3d variants still available. These are not lasting long and are selling for a premium Wednesday when they are released. They have been going up in price with each passing week. (Not saying they will stay up but these are excellent flipping material)
Continue reading “DC Villains Month week three 3d covers still available”
Each week hundreds of new comics come out. We try yo pick through the ones we think could shoot up in price. Continue reading “Comic Picks of the week for Wednesday 9/18/13”
Thanks to Terry Hoknes at www.hoknescomics.com for the list
Books to keep in mind while you are out shopping this Wednesday, they are sold out at the distributor level. This does not mean you will not be able to find them in stores, it means that once your local comic shop sells out, they will not be able to re-stock 1st prints Continue reading “Wednesday’s sold out comics for 9/18/13”
By Terry Hoknes of www.hoknescomics.com Continue reading “Action Lab’s Skyward #1 Sells Out, Gets Second Printing”
Bleeding cool ran an interesting article not long ago showing the highest recorded prices for the 54 3d covers released (or to be released in some cases). Continue reading “Highest Prices for DC’s 54 3d Variants”
One to keep an eye one. This was released from comic book resources. Boom’s Unthinkable being developed for a 1 hour Fox TV show.
Wednesday’s are the best day of the week. Not only is it the middle of the work week, half way to the weekend, but it is also new comic day.
Man I love a good deal, especially when it comes to something I really think is going to shoot up in value.
Walking Dead #115 starts the ‘All Out War’ story line which will be huge. Continue reading “Walking Dead #115 NY Comic Con Variant for $2.99”
Dynamite Entertainment is proud to announce another sell out comics. ‘Black Bat’ #5 has sold out it’s print run through Diamond Comics Distributors. Black Bat is one of the characters Batman was based on.
Continue reading “Black Bat #5 from Dynamite Entertainment sells out”
Dynamite Entertainment is proud to announce another sell out comics. ‘King’s Watch’ #1 has sold out it’s print run through Diamond Comics Distributors.
Continue reading “King’s Watch #1 from Dynamite entertainment sells out”
Dynamite Entertainment is proud to announce another sell out comics. ‘Codename Action’ #1 has sold out it’s print run through Diamond Comics Distributors.
Continue reading “Codename Action #1 from Dynamite sells out”
The Diamond Comics Advanced reorder list is one of those tools that Speculators can use to figure out what is going to be hot. The books are all ones that retailers have gone back to up their orders on. This could be for several different reasons; the previous issue sold better than expected, customer’s are coming in asking about the book, a new number 1, or message board and web site chatter. This weeks does not feature any villain month books! This is great because that is all that has been featured for the past 6 weeks.
Here is this week’s advanced reorder list:
1. Star Wars: The Lucas Draft #2- The first issue sold really well and fans are clamoring for Lucas’ original vision.
2. All New X-Men #17– Really the best X-Men book on the stands.
3. All New X-Men Special #1– See above
4. Catwoman #23 2nd print– No surprise as the appearance of Jokers Daughter has caused the book to sell out the say before it came out.
5. Hinterkind #1– New Vertigo Series. Vertigo has seen a rebirth over the past two months putting out Image quality books (used to be Image was putting out Vertigo quality.)
6. Walking Dead #1 10th Anniversary Edition– Buy Walking Dead #1 for $5.99 (in Color.)
7. Nova #9– Infinity Cross over. Great Marvel book that hasn’t taken off yet, and I do not know why.
8. Forever Evil #2– The story that started Villain’s month and the villains found out Nightwing’s identity.
9. Walking Dead #115 Midnight Release Party Variant– Special edition book for those stores doing an early release. This will be huge as will the actual #115 variants.
10. Marvel Knights Spiderman #1- Let the oversaturation of Spiderman books continue.
11. Captain America Living Legend #1– This is a re-solicit.
12. Witching Hour #1- Yeah Horror comics! nine new supernatural tales by a coven of the best writers and artists VERTIGO could cram into 70 pages.
13. Mighty Avengers #2– Infinity tie in
14. Fantomex Max #1– Mysterious X-Man in his own book. This could be hot.
15. Batman #24– Mega $6.99 book continues Year Zero
16. Mocking Dead #1 2nd Printing– New cover for the sold out book.
18. Thor Vs Thanos TPB- all things Thanos are hot.
19. Uncanny X-Men Premier Hardcover Vol. 2
20. Marvel Universe Avengers Assemble #1- All ages
21. Infinity Hunt #1– Infinity Tie in
22. Superman Wonder Woman #1
23. Batman Black & White #2
24. Infinity #5
25. Infinity #6
As promised, Comicsheatingup.net has hit 100 likes! and we will be giving away a free phantom variant that will ship Wednesday. The book is something you will want to have. If you haven’s liked us on Facebook yet, please make sure you do so. The benefit is you will be able to enter for your chance to win the book, plus, you will never miss one of our tips or stories.
We have talked a lot about Kickstarter projects being the breeding ground for hot new comics. We have seen ‘The Outliers’, ‘Watson and Holmes’, ‘Wild Blue Yonder’, ‘Voice in the Dark’, and others take off and become darlings of the secondary market. Some of these have ended up getting major distribution, and the Kickstarter variants being the ones really sought after. One book that is on my radar, ‘Suicide 5’, is being funded now, and for $20 you get the hard cover version. This one is on my radar because it is delightfully twisted in the content of the book. Continue reading “‘Suicide 5’ interview with Jason Pell”
I am occasionally asked to write on Pop-Culture events for my local newspaper. The articles also run at the Examiner.com. Here is the latest one in reference to DC’s Villains month 3d covers.